Monday, October 16, 2017

Let It Go
At the end of the meeting I walked to the podium to shake Rudy’s hand.  Several people stood in line in front of me. When it was my turn, I shook his hand, and said, “Nice lead.  I appreciate your honesty.”

It had been two weeks since our first encounter.  Rudy had been angry then when I had told him I just wanted to sit quietly, and listen to the speaker. I had hoped he’d forgiven me for wanting a moment’s peace.

“Lucky me, Mr. Important had the time to listen,” he said, loudly enough for the people behind me in line to hear.  He looked around me to them, making sure they heard.

“You have a nice night,” I said.

Today I will let go of someone else’s resentment.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment