Tuesday, October 17, 2017

A Case of Empties
As I was leaving, I bumped into a newcomer I’d met the week before. I asked him how he was holding up.
“I feel empty,” he said. “Drinking was a big chunk of my life.”
“You ever start with beer and drink ‘til you were full?” I asked. “Then you drink shots, but ‘cause you’re drunk you hardly notice how bloated you feel?”
“And somebody says, ‘let’s go to Denny’s.’”
“Right,” I said. “So at the end of the night you throw up. And throw up some more. Until you feel completely empty.”
He smiled, he knew where I was going. “You give your empty belly time to settle down.  Then you fill it, but slowly.” He shook his head. “You let your life settle down before you fill it the same way.”
“It all starts with feeling a little empty at first.”

Today I’ll accept feeling a little empty at times.
2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment