Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Saturday, February 8th, 2020

Standing Up
MaryJo took a small bite of the donut and said she was ready to go back. Rudy kept his eye on her throughout the meeting. When she went to the ladies’ room, I said, “You really look out for her.”

“She stood up for me,” Rudy said. “We were sitting in my office. We heard my brother and a salesman out in the hall were predicting I’d blow the sale. I apologized to her, said they were just joking around, no big deal.” He took a sip of coffee. “She got up. Looked into the hall, and told them to shut up. Told them her husband - one of our biggest customers – would be buying his trucks elsewhere.” He choked up a little as he added, “Nobody had ever done that for me. Made me think I really needed to stand up for myself more.”

Today I will stand up for someone, maybe myself, if need be.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment