Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Fearful Thoughts Revised

Saturday, March 14th, 2020

Fearful Thoughts
Rudy and MaryJo walked in, and gave their condolences to Jill.  Jill wiped away another tear, and said to MaryJo, “On a happier note, how was it?” They walked away toward the coffee and donuts.

“How was what?” I asked Rudy.

“Do you remember the guy she went out with?” Rudy asked. “The one she said was nice, but she wasn’t ready to date?” I nodded. “Well, they had another date. Dinner and a movie.”

“How’d that happen?” I asked.

“He called. She decided ‘I’m not ready’ was just something she told herself because she was afraid of losing someone again. They went out and had a great time.”
  
“Gotta beware of anything you tell yourself when you’re scared,” I said.

Today I’ll be skeptical of anything I tell myself when I’m afraid.

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment