Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Tuesday, March 10th, 2020

Core
The next day I went to the gym. After a series of sit ups and ab crunches, I walked over to the back machine. “You suck,” I said to the machine.

I could never decide what I hated more – working my back or working my abs. Years earlier my physical therapist had told me some of my back pain came from having a weak core. “If you strengthen your lower body and your upper body, but not your middle, the weakness in you core will give you problems.”

When I got home from the gym, I told my wife I loved her, and texted the same to Blondie and Brat Boy. I read a little, wrote a gratitude list, and found five quiet minutes just to breathe.  I had learned if you build up your wealth, and acquire things, but don’t take care of your core values, you have problems.

Today I will strengthen my core.

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment