Thursday, February 8, 2018

Tuesday, March 10th, 2020

Ring
I turned on the TV just in time to hear Rudy’s stepbrother had been charged with several crimes. The anchorman said four other people had been arrested as police broke up “a local coke ring.”

It made me think of the worst characteristics of the rings I belonged to: Montroses, a ring of really tall, really bad singers.  Recovering people, a ring of folks with serious donut and coffee issues. Class of ’79, a ring of people who graduated high school a long, long, time ago. Bearcats, a ring of people with only a vague idea of what their mascot, the bearcat, might be. The list went on, but none of my rings would ever be broken up by the police. Many of my clients hadn’t been able to say that, and the fear had given them one more reason to get high.

Today I’ll be grateful I’m part of rings nobody wants to break up.


2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment