Monday, February 5, 2018

Monday, March 9th, 2020

The Funny Side of Scorpions
Later that night Blondie called me to say the office in Bleak, New Mexico had burned.  The floors above ground where destroyed by fire, while the underground offices were flooded. She didn’t know what would happen next, whether she’d be trained somewhere else or let go.

“You seem upbeat for someone who might lose her job,” I said.

“It’s my boss. He never loses his sense of humor. He bought us scorpion for lunch.”

“Scorpion?”

“Daddy, not real scorpion. He took us to a seafood restaurant, told us they were having a special on charred scorpion shipped in from Bleak. It was Lobster and crayfish.  I ordered a burger, he said it was coyote, and I could only get it well-done.”

“He had you guys laughing, even knowing your jobs were in jeopardy?” I asked.

She snorted. “He made a hundred bad puns about scorpions, and Bleak, and coyotes, and the desert. Tomorrow I’ll worry, but today I’m still laughing.”

Today I’ll keep my sense of humor.

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose
2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment