Thursday, February 1, 2018

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Freedom
“Is your stepbother going to jail?” I asked.

“Maybe,” Rudy said. “But he’s so scared, it’s like he’s already in jail. He’s lived a pretty extravagant lifestyle.  Whether he goes to jail or not, that’s all gonna end.”

“Will you be OK?” I asked.

“Better than OK.  It’s like I woke up to all the things I’m free to do, that I usually don’t. This morning I had a great workout. Sat in the steam room until I almost fell asleep.  Skipped the drive-through and hit the Chinese buffet I love. Ken, I even stopped for a massage.” He took a sip of coffee and added, “I was free to do those things all along, but I never did.  Maybe I thought I didn’t deserve it. Prison of my own making.”

“Glad you’re free,” I said.

Today I will exercise my freedom.

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment