Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Saturday, March 7th, 2020

Admiration
“What’s up with your stepbrother and the car dealership?” I asked Rudy.

“Turns out the police have been watching him for some time,” Rudy said. “We had two sets of books. One he showed me and one he kept at home. He owed some coke dealers money. So he started selling for them.  People would test drive a car and get a gram.  He’d work the cost of it into our expenses a bunch of different ways. Buy a car and he’d up the price to cover the five grams in the glove box.”

Rudy shook his head, took a sip of coffee, and shook his head again.

“I hated my stepbrother, but I admired him. I thought he was a better salesman than I would ever be. I wondered why I couldn’t be as good at customer relations as he was. Guys would stop in all the time after they bought a car. I had no idea they were buying coke.”

Today I’ll be careful who I admire.

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment