Monday, January 1, 2018

Monday, February 24th, 2020

Fresh Start
I dreaded my Monday call to Jack. Nobody likes to see an old friend suffer.

“I’m starting over,” Jack said. “I spent four hours making revisions this morning.” We talked about his progress.

After he hung up, my phone rang. Without saying hello, Jill said, “He got his prescription filled. More codeine cough syrup.” She didn’t have to say more.  I called Jack again.

“You don’t start over by doing the same thing,” I said. “Put the cough syrup away and make a fresh start. A different start. A new beginning.”

Jack hung up without saying a word. 

Today I’ll remember a fresh start means doing something different.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment