Monday, January 22, 2018

Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020

Letting Go to Hold On
On the ride home, my wife said, “You’re quiet. You OK?”

I said, “I was thinking about Jack. His success made him really anxious. He needed to learn to overcome the fear, or let go of the writing.”

Dr. Deb frowned. “He worked so hard to get a book printed by a big publisher,” she said. “Letting that go wouldn’t have been easy.”

“Sometimes you have to let go of something, maybe someone, to hold onto something else.  If he couldn’t deal with the anxiety, Jack needed to let go of the writing to hold onto his sobriety.”

“Easier said than done.”

“I know,” I said. “You always think whatever you let go of you’ll never replace, or you can’t live without. But you can and you do.”

Today I may have to let go to hold on.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment