Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020

Before You Hit the Wall
When we got home I pulled out my computer.

“What are you doing?” my wife asked.

“I always get a little work done before bed,” I said.

“Nothing like a little quality time with your laptop late at night, after a long drive, with your friend’s funeral the next day.”

“I’m just going to check my emails.”

She shook her head. “You are such a creature of habit. You’re worn out, but rather than listen to your body, you’ll stick to your routine until you’re exhausted.”

She was right of course. “I’m just a little tired,” I said. Mentally and physically, I thought.

“Why don’t you try resting before you hit the wall,” she said. “Or the basketball hoop – again.”

The last time I’d been this tired, I’d backed into a pole that had been in the exact same spot for fifteen years. I thought she’d forgotten.

Today I will rest before I hit the wall.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment