Thursday, January 18, 2018

Monday, March 2nd, 2020

Death and Healthy Habits
Jack’s death shook me. He was only 44 years old.  In the past I might have gotten drunk. I wrote a gratitude list instead. It wasn’t easy. I wasn’t feeling grateful, but I wrote it anyway. I added a list of five people I was grateful I was not, starting with Jack. 

I sent Dr. Deb, Brat Boy, and Blondie texts telling them I loved them. I wanted to remind myself of all the wonderful people in my life.

I hadn’t felt like doing any of it, but eperience had taught me healthy habits can be sort of an autopilot for steering through grief, anger, and depression.

Today I will develop healthy habits.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment