Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Saturday, March 7th, 2020

Time Takes Time
MaryJo was sitting in her usual spot when I got to the AA meeting. Nothing but crumbs rested on her plate, and her face looked a little fuller. She was smiling.

I said hello, and pointed out that she seemed happy.  

MaryJo said, “I went out on a date. We were like a couple of teenagers.”

“You had sex in the parking lot and told everyone you were at the movies?” Rudy asked.  He yelped when she kicked him under the table.

“We got something to eat in the food court and walked around the mall,” MaryJo said, “Like a couple of junior high kids.”

“Are you going to see him again?” I asked.

“No. He’s a wonderful man, but I’m just not ready.” She paused, and then said, “It’s been years since my husband died. Do you think there’s something wrong with me, that I’m waiting too long?” 

“I think time takes time,” I said.

“So, when he walked you to your car, did he get in?” Rudy asked. This time he yelped even louder. 

Today I will remember the AA slogan, ‘time takes time.’

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment