Monday, January 8, 2018

Saturday, Februay 29th, 2020

Suffering by Proximity
Rudy laughed, “Do you know what my wife suggested? My gentle wife, who sings in the church choir, volunteers at the shelter, and serves lunch at the soup kitchen, said we should do?”

“No idea,” I said.

“She said we should watch prison movies and pretend the terrified new inmate getting shanked was my stepbrother.”

“Well, that’s cold.”

Rudy chuckled, “I drank because I’m an alcoholic, but I drank more because of my stepbrother. My wife watched me take his abuse for years.  I don’t think I fully understood how much she suffered with me. At least not until a week ago when I put a stop to it.”

Today I’ll remember my loved ones suffer when I do.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment