Friday, January 5, 2018

Wednesday, February 26th, 2020

No Excuses
The next day I sat down to write. I had researched the topic. The dog was walked, the cat was fed, there was nothing else I needed to do. I’d fallen into a situation I dreaded. I was out of excuses.

Oh, I could have manufactured lies to justify my lack of effort. The trouble was, lies weren’t as comforting as excuses. They didn’t hold that half-truth  I needed to hide the real reason I was or wasn’t doing something.

Excuses allowed me to believe I left the pan in the sink, not because I was lazy, but because it needed to soak.   Why did I eat most of the tub of buttered popcorn at the movie theater? Not because I had no self-control around the snack I told myself, but because popcorn has fiber.

No, I needed an excuse not to write. Not having one, I sat down and was able to write an outline for my next book.

Today I’ll be grateful for running out of excuses, it makes getting things done much easier.


2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment