Monday, January 29, 2018

Wednesday, March 4th, 2020

Alive and Kicking
Not only was there a full Catholic Mass, a Lutheran minister read from the Old Testament and 1 Corinthians. The soloist was from the First Baptist Church, accompanied by the youth pastor on keyboard.  

“Jack was an atheist,” I said to Jill afterwards.  “Did he want a church funeral?”

Jill wiped a tear away. “No, but I always joked that if he died first, I’d make his funeral as churchy as possible. My cousin is a priest. He’s friends with a bunch of clergy in recovery. I told him to invite them all.”

She laughed a little, wiped away another tear, and added, “Some days life is a celebration and you kick up your heels.  Some days life kicks you. You can curl up or you can kick back.  I’m alive, I’m kicking by getting  the last laugh on Jack.”

Today I’m alive, and kicking.

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment