Thursday, January 4, 2018

Tuesday, February 25th, 2020

Testing
“There are things you don’t test. I don’t eat lunch at the bar to test my sobriety. If you have to test your relationship, there’s already a problem with it.  If you have to test the ice, you shouldn’t walk on it.”

“You know what this reminds me of?” Brat Boy asked. “Wait, I’ll send you a picture.” The picture showed two men and a pickup truck on an ice flow in the middle of a river.

I said, “I’d bet they walked out on the ice to test it. Thought it was OK, even though they had been told it wasn’t solid, and drove their truck onto it.”

Brat Boy said, “KC and his girl are on their ice flow, thinking they passed some test, and floating toward Vegas.”

“Guys go to the bar, order a Pepsi, and leave thinking they tested their sobriety.  They don’t know they’re on thin ice.”

Today I won’t test what shouldn’t be tested.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment