Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Saturday, March 14th, 2020

Resentments, *&#)##@%@@!!! Resentments
As were talking, I got a text from Luke.  He’d found a publisher for his book about Confederate Civil War veterans sinking the Titanic. He attached the cover art - a muscular young man with six pack abs looking through a periscope.

I showed Rudy the text and the attachment. He laughed until he saw my face. I said, “It’s the dumbest conspiracy theory ever, with an abs-hole on the cover.”

“Be happy for him,” Rudy advised. “You know how they say a flower doesn’t compete with other flowers, it just blooms. He’s a crazy flower blooming in an insane time. Your time will come.”

“Sure, a flower blooms.  Looks great.  Until you chop it up with a weed whacker, stomp on the pieces, set them on fire, and let the dog pee on the ashes.”

“Resentments,” Rudy said. “Resentments kill your peace of mind and lead you to doing things just as stupid as the stuff you did when you were still drinking.  I would know. I set my brother’s car on fire.”

He was right of course. I texted, “Congrats!” to Luke, muttering under my breath.

Today I’ll let go of resentment.

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment