Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Monday, March 9th, 2020

Possibilities
“How’s Jill holding up?” Blondie asked.

“I think she’s in shock,” I said. “I doubt she thought it was possible for Jack to relapse. He’d been clean over twenty years. Certainly she didn’t think he’d be dead before he turned 45.”

“How long have you been sober?”

“Over thirty years. When I was still drinking, I didn’t think it was possible for me to quit longer than a couple weeks. Along the way I’ve been amazed at what else is possible if you don’t give in to your addiction.”

“Anything’s possible,” Blondie said. “Good things and bad things.”

“Not anything,” I said. “Your mother and I couldn’t possibly love you and your brother any more than we do.”

“Awww Daddy, love you,” Blondie said. She laughed and added, “And you don’t have to pretend to love Brat Boy. I know that’s almost impossible”

“Good night kiddo,” I said, smiling as I ended the call.

Today I’ll remember anything is possible.

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment