Monday, February 12, 2018

Wednesday, March 11th, 2020

Do People Change?
“Do you think people change?” Rudy asked. “I mean people who didn’t drink or do drugs. You can stop doing drugs, but can you change who you are? Do you think my stepbrother can become an honest guy?”

“Don’t know about your stepbrother, but I think people do change,” I said.

“I’m not so sure. If a born liar stops telling lies, isn’t he still a liar at heart?”

I thought for a moment. A lot of famous people who made profound changes came to mind, but I thought of a better example.“Ever see ‘Attila the Mom’ turn into ‘Grandma’?” I asked. “The terror with the wooden spoon becomes the nice lady baking cookies. There’s a big change that has nothing to do with sobriety.” 

“Good point,” Rudy said, laughing.

Today I know people can change.

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment