Thursday, February 22, 2018

Monday, March 16th, 2020

Life on Life’s Terms
Phil sat down next to me. Watching him ease himself into the chair was itself painful.

“I heard you need another operation,” I said. “That sucks.”

“You know the slogan, ‘life on Life’s terms.’ No use fighting it.”

“Still, two tours of Iraq and you don’t get a scratch. Swerve to miss a groundhog and end up needing one surgery after another.”

He put his hand on my shoulder and smiled. “I had the best omelet this morning. And pancakes. And bacon. Really good coffee.  Life’s terms were pretty good today.  You won’t hear me complaining when they’re a little harder.”

I reminded myself to be grateful when life’s terms were good.

Today I’ll be grateful for ‘Life on Life’s terms.’  

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment