Tuesday, February 27, 2018


Monday, March 16th, 2020

Don’t Go With The Flow
On Monday I picked up the phone to call Jack, forgetting for an instant he was gone. I dialed his number anyway to see how Jill was holding up. She sounded upbeat.

“I’m still crying,” she said “but I’m glad KC has come to his senses. He’s not leaving school and he’s not marrying that girl. He saw where the flow goes.”

“Not sure I understand,” I said.

“A lot of peer pressure isn’t pressure at all. It’s flow. Jack started doing drugs because everyone else was. Nobody twisted his arm, he just started going with the flow. He didn’t see he was gonna end up like his father.”

“What about KC?” I asked.

“Same thing. KC just went along with this girl because she’s beautiful. And they were having sex. A lot.  He finally saw where this relationship was going. The girl made Jack’s death all about her, all about drama. Her mother is all about drama, so is her sister.  Her father is the stage crew, cleaning up after each performance. KC didn’t want his life to flow into that.”

Today I won’t go with the flow unless I know where the flow goes.

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment