Sunday, February 4, 2018

Monday, March 9th, 2020

Echo
On Monday afternoon my heart sank a little just about the time I usually called Jack. Like an echo, I expected this feeling to return a little softer each Monday until it faded.  I accepted it, and as best I could, kept moving.

As painful as addiction can be, I’d seen so many people miss parts of the lifestyle. They listened for the echo of the first time they got high, or the times they didn’t get caught dealing, scamming, or stealing. Many relapsed before they learned the echoes fade if you accept them, and move on.

Today I’ll be grateful the echoes fade.

2020 Vision ©2017 & 2018 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment