Friday, May 25, 2018


A Good Day
As we were talking, a tennis ball rolled past the entrance to my cubicle.  A minute later Boo trotted past, tail wagging, tongue hanging out. Daniel followed close behind, I assumed to make sure Boo was OK.

“Boo’s got some energy today,” I said.

“She has good days and bad days,” Daniel said. He smiled. “When she has a good day, Boo makes the most of it. She chases the ball. She eats like a horse. She curls up with my girlfriend’s cat. I think she knows she’s going to have bad days.  I wish I was more like her.  I ruin too many good days worrying about bad days coming.”

“Smart dog,” I said. “We should all be more like her.”

I will make the most of the good days.
  

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment