Tuesday, May 1, 2018


Focus Pocus
When Weedman left, I let out a sigh of relief. I didn’t mind talking to colleagues, but I had a lot to do, including finding quotes for a training.  Like Weedman I went online looking for ideas on Pinterest. 

When I opened the site, it suggested several boards of motivational quotes, survival skills, how to make mosquito traps from pop bottles, crocheting, short blonde haircuts, worm farming, fitness, building fairy doors on tree stumps, Mediterranean cooking, beard trimming, adult ADHD, and spring crankbait fishing for largemouth bass.

“Focus Montrose,” I said out loud.  I paused over the motivational quotes. An hour and a half later, I knew everything about spring crankbait fishing for largemouth bass. By the time I caught myself, I’d spent half the morning talking to people and the other half reading about crankbait lip size and diving depth. 

“Might as well call it a day,” I said.  “The day is shot.” I thought about going home. Instead I grabbed some lunch. Found a quote site, and printed out several pages so I wouldn’t be tempted to wander all over the internet.  
Today I’ll refocus rather than quit.


Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment