Monday, May 14, 2018


Giving Up
The next day I was back at the office. Brittany walked past my cubicle. I asked her why she hadn’t brought Fluffy to work.

“He got adopted,” Brittany said, wiping away a tear.  “I’m happy he found a permanent home, but I’m gonna miss him.”

“You sad?” I asked.

“Yes, but not about Fluffy.  I had to dump the new guy.  He’s a lot of fun, but completely irresponsible. Maybe a little sketchy.  He’s just not good for me.”

“Sometimes the things that aren’t good for us are the hardest to give up.”

“Like when you gave up alcohol?”

“I was thinking my six donut a day habit, but alcohol works.”

Today I will accept giving up things that aren’t good for me might not be easy.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment