Tuesday, May 15, 2018


One Small Step
“Almost forgot, I want to ask you about these pills,” Brittany said. She put a bottle of Vicodin on my desk. “I got these when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I’ve been taking half of one for headaches. Didn’t think it was a big deal, but I wanted to check.”

“Kid, they’re not prescribed for headaches.  Taking one is a step in the wrong direction.”

“I’m not taking one, I’m only taking half. It’s half a step, a small step at worst.”

 “There’s no such thing as a small step when you’re moving in the wrong direction.”

Today I’ll remember, there is no such thing as a small step in the wrong direction.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment