Thursday, May 3, 2018


Negative Traits
Drivel described other discount miracles Mike Maverick offered at the Intellecture.  At first he was just annoying. But then I started to find reasons to be grateful.  Drivel struck me as an odd combination of arrogance and gullibility.  He would believe anything, except the idea he might be getting conned. 

To be sure, I had my own faults. If Dr. Debbie smothered me in my sleep, no jury of her peers would convict her.  But one trait I didn’t possess was gullibility.  If anything, I was a little too skeptical for my own good.

I had to bite my tongue almost every day because of my skepticism. People would say the most unbelievable things, with heartfelt conviction, and I couldn’t bring myself to contradict them.  I annoyed myself by not arguing. On the other hand I doubted I’d ever be gullible enough to have a history-ECTomy.

Today I will be grateful for negative traits I don’t have.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment