Thursday, May 31, 2018


Worst Case
“I know I shouldn’t be doing this,” Weedman said. “I’ll have the IT guys put a filter on this computer.”

I said, “That’s great, but what if Jackie writes us up for this?”

“Jackie will let this slide.  She’s got other things to worry about. Her husband’s in the hospital. I’ll bet she’s poisoning him.  She jokes about poisoning people.”

“Just because she jokes about doing something doesn’t mean she does it. Wow, do you always assume the worst about people?”

“I do. It keeps me from being surprised and disappointed when they do horrible things.”

“Wow,” I said, shaking my head. “It also leaves you with a really dark view of the world. It kills hope.”

“How so?”

“If early in my recovery I had assumed everyone who claimed to be sober was lying, I’d have had a hard time believing anyone got clean. I would have had no hope I could get sober. Better to assume the best about people, and accept being disappointed sometimes. ”

Today I will assume the best about people.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment