Thursday, May 17, 2018


Don’t Bug Me
I got up to stretch my legs. Boo walked over to her doggie bed and fell back asleep. I looked out the window across from my cubicle.

A couple of wasps buzzed on the other side of the window. I could see them, but the glass separated us. They reminded me of painful events in my past. I could see them in my mind’s eye, but time separated me from them.  They couldn’t harm me unless I opened the window, if I relived them in my head. 

I could have closed the blinds, but I knew my imagination would take over. The two wasps would become ten, ten times bigger than the ones I saw. Likewise, if I pretended not to remember my past, it would fester and grow uglier.  Better to see the past, know it was a different time and place, and not let it bug me.

Today I won’t let my past bug me.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment