Wednesday, May 9, 2018


Annoyances as Warm-Up
I got up the next day ready to live life like I meant it. I stubbed my toe getting into the shower.  The coffee maker made a gurgling sound and died, I wept bitterly.  I spent half an hour looking for my car keys before I remembered I was working from home that day. 

I thought about how at the gym before I lift a heavy weight, I warm up with much a lighter one. 

“Getting past these annoying things is just a warm-up for dealing with the big challenges,” I said  to the cat.  “Tonight we’ll bury the coffee maker with a brief ceremony and full honors.”

Today I will consider minor problems warm-up for tackling major issues.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment