Friday, May 4, 2018


Some People are Dogs
“You are such a hypocrite!” I said to Daniel the office manager as I passed the conference room on my way out.

“I know,” he said. “I harass Brittany about bringing Fluffy to work.” A little white dog slept on a dog bed in the corner.  Daniel had piles of papers in neat stacks and rows spread out on the conference table. “Boo is getting near the end. I don’t want her to be alone any more than she has to be.”
We heard the jingling of Fluffy’s collar. The pitbull walked over to Boo, nuzzled her, and curled up in front of her on the floor.

A few minutes later Brittany walked into the conference room, and smirked. “He’s such a softy when it comes to dogs,” she said, gesturing toward Daniel and Boo. She reached down to pet Boo, but Fluffy whined.

“Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but I could swear Fluffy has been checking in on Boo,” Daniel said. “I think the whining is Fluffy being protective.”

I smiled, “Caring and protective, loyal and playful – you gotta love dogs.”

“It’s true what they say, some men are dogs,” Brittany said, looking at Daniel. “But in a good way.”

Today I will try to be more of a dog.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment