Monday, May 7, 2018


Making It
The speaker was an AA regular.  He started his lead by saying, “Meeting makers make it.”

“Meeting makers might only make it to meetings,” Alex whispered to me. “Meaning makers make it. Whatever gives your life meaning, -- church, your kids, your job, your recovery -- the worst thing you can do is go through the motions, like it doesn’t mean much.”

“Why is that the worst?” I asked.

“Because you fool yourself into thinking you’re doing something meaningful, but not getting anything out of it.  People who go through the motions convince themselves life has no meaning. I knew guys in prison who lived more meaningful lives the some of the people I meet every day. I had a cellmate who helped innocent men get their convictions overturned.  He found meaning in his life and he lived it.  Live like you mean it, Ken. Live like you mean it.”

Today I will live like I mean it.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment