Friday, May 11, 2018


Softest Pillow
About lunchtime my conscience started to bother me. The agency had reached out to me to do the training, but they had contacted me through my former employer. I felt like I should at least talk with my old colleagues about the training to see if they wanted to do the training with me.

I called Ryan who had replaced me as Director of Training.  He saw no problem with me doing the training on my own. I had been 99% sure that’s what he would say.

I said to the cat, “I mean, it was an ethics training.  Calling him was the ethical thing to do. I had to be 100% certain it was OK.”

My cat stared at me. I knew what he was thinking. ‘If you hadn’t been almost certain you could keep the whole training fee, would you have called?’ I wanted to think I would have called. In any case, I knew I would go to bed that night with a clear conscience.

Today I’ll remember the saying: “The softest pillow is a clear conscience.”

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment