Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Doing What I Can
Kim got to my house fifteen minutes later.  From Cara’s description of her lifestyle, I half expected Kim to be wearing nine-inch heels, a leather mini skirt, and a crop top.  I wondered if she’d have one of those little squares vendors used to charge credit cards.  

Kim wore a business suit and flats. 

“I have a dog for you!” Cara said.

“No, no, and no,” Kim said shaking her head. “I’ll already have two shelter dogs and a cat thanks to you.”

Cara pulled out her phone and showed Kim a picture of a longhaired dachshund. Everyone oohed and awwwed.  Cara pulled out a picture of shredded leather that had once been a purse.   “Kors,” Kim said. “No more dogs.”

“With all those pieces missing you could say it was ‘Kors light’,” Sam said.  I laughed, Kim shot me a look.
“I love my dogs, but I’ve done what I can to help out the shelter,” Kim said. “No more animals.”

Today I’ll do what I can.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment