Friday, October 26, 2018

Foggy
Cara pulled up and parked in the end of the driveway, blocking the sidewalk.  She made an entrance like a tank plowing through a forest in an old WWII movie.  She offered to take Billie to her hairdresser to do something about those bangs.  She asked Trevor how his ‘furniture hobby’ was going.   She hugged Roger way too long.

“There are bags in my car,” she said to me.  Apparently, I was to fetch them for her.

Roger mumbled to me, “Let me get them. I can fix her brakes while I’m out there.”   I knew he was kidding, but I could picture him fixing them so they’d work just long enough for her to get onto the highway.

On the other hand, she was the person who organized fund drives, donated to animal shelters, and ran her church’s charitable events.  She was the one who’d brought us together.  As I’d done a thousand times over the years, I turned to Roger and said, “She has a good heart.”

Today I will look through the fog of someone’s faults for their good heart.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment