Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Power Steering
When I was done writing, I checked my email. Pinterest sent me a message suggesting I might be interested in pins on crocheting, windsurfing, and vintage cars. I clicked on the vintage cars.

Most of the cars had no power steering. I remembered driving one.  Turning the wheel wasn’t hard when you were moving, but not so easy when the car was standing still.

“There’s a lesson in that,” I said to the dog. “When you’re moving, it’s easier to steer in the right direction. When you’re not, it’s harder.”

The dog looked at me as if to say, “I have no idea what you mean, scratch my ears.”

I thought of an example. “If you want to get sober, you move your butt to an AA meeting. They will help you steer in the right direction.” The dog looked unconvinced. “I’ve always liked the cat better.”

Today I will move in the right direction.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment