Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Piano
“If I replace the purse, will you at least come see the dog at the shelter?” Cara asked.

“All I have to do is visit the shelter, pet the dog, and I get a new purse,” Kim said. “Hmm, you think once I meet the dog I’ll have to take him home. No, ain’t gonna work this time, lady. I will walk out of the shelter dogless and you will owe me a purse.”

“Think I’ll go down to the bakery and stare at the pastries,” Sam said.

“Let’s all go to the bar and order Cokes,” Billie said.

“Anybody hear piano music?” Trevor asked. There was a crude recovery saying, ‘you don’t go to the whorehouse to hear the piano player.’  It warned against putting yourself near anything that tempted you.

“It’s not like that,’ Kim insisted “I’m not the least bit tempted to get another dog.”
Cara just smiled.
Today I’ll avoid temptation.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment