Friday, October 12, 2018

Kindness
“Why don’t you give me your cell phone number?” Cara asked.

‘Because I know you’ll text me constantly with gossip about people I don’t know and pictures of your food, cat, car, and clothes,’ I thought.  I really needed to say ‘I’m sorry, I like to keep my cell phone number private,’ but I didn’t want to be unkind.  I gave her the number, knowing I was going to regret being kind to someone likely to abuse the gesture.


Today I won’t kill myself with kindness.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment