Thursday, October 4, 2018

Starting Over
A year later I told Daniel it was time for me to go.  He wished me well. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do next, but I was grateful for the chance to start over.

I thought about all the people in that office who’d started over. Weedman had been given a chance to start over. He’d done well. Drivel started over.  He’d had learned from the best, and became quite the conman. Brittany met someone new, and despite her fear of being burned again, started over. I heard she was happy.  Jackie didn’t really start over. She married again, a rich man with a bad heart.

People get the chance to start over, some make the most of it, others not so much.

Today I’ll make the most of my chances to start over.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment