Wednesday, October 17, 2018

What a Drag
Blondie asked me how my week was going.

“It’s starting to drag,” I said. “I like to train, but I’ve done seven trainings in eight working days. The paperwork is piling up.”

“Poor Daddy,” Blondie said. I shrugged.

“Could be worse,” I said. “I used to should on myself after every training. I’d think I should have said something different, or I should have answered somebody’s question better.  I should have updated my handouts.  I’d get frustrated with the paperwork after the trainings.”

“Don’t do that, Daddy,” Blondie said.

“Oh the wisdom that flows from the girl,” Brat Boy said, laughing.  “Just don’t do that.  Insightful.”  Blondie threw a pillow at him.

I said, “I try not to, but it took a lot of practice to let go of the shoulds and resentments dragging me down.”

Today I’ll let go of things that drag me down.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment