Thursday, October 18, 2018

Reconnection
That night I got a group text from Cara. Katie’s viewing was in two days, the funeral in three.  She asked if anyone wanted to meet for lunch before going to the funeral home.  Attached to the text was a photo of a salad she’d gotten at a nearby restaurant a week earlier.

‘Let’s meet at LeMont,’ her text suggested.  LeMont, an upscale restaurant overlooking the city, wasn’t anybody else’s first choice.

‘LeMont costs too much LeMoney,’ Trevor typed.

‘How about Denny’s?’ Josh asked. ‘No liquor license there.'

‘How about LeMontrose ’ Billie texted. ‘Ken can make us burgers on the grill.’ Winky emoji.

She was joking, but having everyone at my house would give us time and privacy we wouldn’t have in a restaurant.  I hadn’t seen some of them in a decade.  It was time to reconnect.   I texted ‘Sounds good. Tip your waiter generously.’ I sent them my address.

Today I will reconnect with someone.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment