Monday, October 22, 2018

Turn or Turn Off The Blinker
I shook my head as the guy who’d gotten two DUIs and his friends left.  “At least they’re not Blinker Light People,” I said to the locker.
 
“What?” the guy three lockers down asked. I told him I was talking to the locker. He seemed in a hurry to pack his stuff and leave.

Blinker Light People, BLPs, spend their whole lives about to make some change in direction. They talk about it, they plan for it, but they never do it. They build up hope in their loved ones until their loved ones realize BLPs are just driving around with their turn signal on.

In some parts of my life, I’d been a BLP, even after I got sober. It had taken me twenty years to lose thirty pounds. Only the threat of diabetes had jarred me into changing my diet. I’d been saying for ten years it was time to put more effort into my writing. 

“Time to turn,” I said to the locker.  The other guy in the locker room grabbed his bag and left, looking over his shoulder at me as he hurried past. “Time to actually change something, do something, head off in a new direction,” I added.

Today I won’t be a blinker light person.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment