Wednesday, June 5, 2019


Accountable
Sam asked, “Did you hear that Cara’s charges were dropped?”

“How is that possible?” I asked. “She blew up a parking lot.”

“Her husband’s company barred Cara from their properties and let it go because he brings in lots of money. Insurance will replace the cars she blew up.  Cara contributed big bucks to the mayor’s reelection campaign, which made the city very forgiving.”

“One day she’s going to do something she can’t buy her way out of.”

“I’m grateful I couldn’t buy my way out of trouble,” Sam said. “Knowing I was going to jail if I didn’t change my ways helped me get sober.”

“There are advantages to being held accountable for your behavior,” I agreed.

Today I’ll be grateful for the people who held me accountable.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment