Friday, June 21, 2019


Decisions, Decisions
‘BTW,’ Sam texted. ‘I broke up with Pam.’

I wondered how I should respond. Thank God? ‘Bout freakin’ time! Take all her stuff to the crossroads at midnight.  Burn them. Pour holy water on the ashes. Never travel that way again.

‘I think you made the right decision,’ I texted.  ‘Call me.’  He did. We talked about all the reasons he’d ended the relationship.  I wanted to make sure he knew he’d made the right decision.

Some days the hardest part of working in the helping professions was watching people make bad decisions, often over and over again.  Seeing a friend or family member do the same was even harder.  On the other hand, watching people change their ways was pure joy.

Today I’ll be happy for people who make good decisions.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment