Tuesday, June 4, 2019


Dungeons in the Air
“Well?” I asked Sam when he came to pick-up Bubbles. “What did the doc say?”

Sam said, “All the tests were negative.  She referred me to a nutritionist.  I may need to eat more carbs.”

“Were you worried?” I asked.

“I built dungeons in the air, imaginary places where I was going to suffer and die. I  even dreamt the dentist had drilled through my top molars to put tubes up into my skull cavity. You ever build dungeons?”

I nodded, “If I’m five minutes late for a training, I start thinking I’ll get fired. Dr. Deb will hate me, and the kids will have to drop out of school. I imagine I’ll end up on the side of the road with a sign reading: Will Train Addiction Counselors for Food.”

Sam laughed. “We should get out of the air-dungeon building business.”

Today I’ll build no dungeons in the air.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment