Monday, June 24, 2019


Street Cleaning
Sam and I talked a little more.  “Roger thinks your sister is crazy,” I said.  “We all think his wife is a little irrational, and he’s smart to divorce her. Your sister and I both thought your ex had more issues than a newsstand.”

“Okay,” Sam said. “So?”

“So what did they all have in common? They were all involved with people recovering from addiction.  Do you think it’s possible, even though we’re sober, we drive people insane?”

“I think we have the same issues as everyone else, but we can’t blame alcohol for being stupid. We have to clean our side of the street, take responsibility for our contributions to the craziness.”

I laughed. “I try to clean my side of the street, but sometimes I wonder why Dr. Deb doesn’t poison me.”

Sam laughed too. “Better the devil she knows. Plus, she’d have to pay someone to shovel the sidewalk and cut the grass.”

Today I’ll clean my side of the street.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment