Friday, June 7, 2019


Contribution
After the meeting, I hugged Roger’s mom goodbye.

“Thanks for coming,” she said. “For an over-educated pansy-ass dipshit, you’re OK.”

“Love you too,” I said.

As I drove away, I thought of all the people Roger’s mom had helped over the years. She was like a foul-mouthed Mother Teresa, helping the poor, downtrodden, and criminal elements find recovery.  One addicted person at a time, she had contributed more to helping society than most people ever would.

I liked to think I’d helped a few people over the years, but I wondered if I couldn’t do a little more.

Today I will contribute a little more to society.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment