Thursday, July 25, 2019


Tie the Not
“They’re back,” The Other Ken said to me the next day at work, shaking his head.

“Who’s back?” I asked.

 “The guy who said he would not put up with his wife getting another DUI. She got her third, but the kids weren’t in the car so he’s not divorcing her.”

“He needs to tie the not,” I said.  The Other Ken looked puzzled.  I added, “When you say you’re not going to do something, and you tie it to consequences and rewards.  If I relapse, I’m not going to have my job anymore.  Dr. Deb and I have an agreement that I’d not be allowed to come home until I completed rehab.  Enjoying my life, and I do, is tied to not drinking.”

“Our guy needs to tie the not,” The Other Ken agreed. 

Today I will tie the not.

  
Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment